Thursday, March 18, 2010

Meet Me in St. Louis

I'm in St. Louis right now. It's been over a week since my last update.

Since we left Kentucky...
We went to New Albany Indiana for a night and then traveled here to St. Louis. Once we got here, like the exact moment, Larissa and I both were dropped off at the airport for our flights out of this tour-world.
I went home to California for the weekend... a MUCH needed weekend away. And I had an amazing time. The second I got back I started to inhale all of my mommy's sensational food. Aside from the food, we went to a Save the Whale Festival in Dana Point and to Burbank to see beautiful flowers. My mom and I went shopping around a bit and such... It was just very relaxing and good to be away for a few days.

Since I've been back, Larissa and I have been roommates! Best ever! This is a sensational situation. We are perfectly timed in sync. We get up, each have time to shower, get downstairs for breakfast, and then we go do our shows and all that with everyone else. Sometimes we participate in activities, but for two days at least we just got back, put on our PJ's, got food, and watched far too many crime dramas. I am a new Law and Order fan. Guilty pleasure much? Also, for three days in a row we have had Dairy Queen. This is what I call dangerous, yet ridiculously awesome. Yay Larissa!

Yesterday we went to the zoo after our shows with Danny (it's free here by the way) and saw all these awesome animals! It was soo cool! We also made great efficient time. We had about two hours and we saw everything we wanted to see and almost everything in the entire park. Fantastic!

We then went to Alesia's boyfriend Matt's house and had Taco Wednesday night (it was also St. Patrick's Day) and played a lot of Wii. It was a great time!

This afternoon, after our two shows, Larissa, Stephen, Andrew, and I went to the City Museum! It was WONDROUS! It's basically an adult jungle-gym. And I have bruises to prove its intenseness. I slid down a 10-story tall slide! And I climbed through wirey-slinky like tubes several stories up in the air! It was terrifying at first, but I didn't wanna be a chicken and so I did it- and it was sooo fun! And I feel fearless after having done that. I'm not about to go skydiving, buut I feel strong and freer. I just felt like a four year-old again- it was truly fantastic. There were also incredible caves to play in and other slides and fun physical games. Everyone needs to go there if they can! I couldn't take pictures because I left my camera in the coat check- didn't want to risk losing it somewhere in the obstacle courses.
Here's an image from their site:



Now, I am waiting for my laundry to get done! There is only one machine and dryer in this entire hotel. And someone was a step ahead of me- the only problem being that when my laundry got washed, theirs hadn't finished drying. So. I had to wait extra long to put my laundry in the dryer. It's finally in there now at 11:25 at night! Should be done by midnight. Basically, I won't be folding it tonight.

We have a three-show day ahead of us tomorrow! None of us are thrilled. How will we do it? I don't know. Probably sugar and Panera Bread, which here is called St. Louis Bread Co. Jan, one of the cashiers recognized me by name today when we came for the second day in a row. We'll be coming back daily, I guarantee.

Goodbye for now. I will try to update more often with more interesting thought provoking thoughts. For now, I leave you with my upcoming summer plan:
http://www.wwoof.ie/

No comments:

Post a Comment