Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bunny Got a Boo Boo

In the second-to-last number today, "Happily Ever Then What," I jumped over a castle block and landed on my right foot in what was definitely a bad way... Basically it twisted and I put all of my weight on the right side of my right foot. I ended up finishing the show (although I contemplated hopping offstage after it happened) but not fully dancing out any of the steps. In fact, after it happened, I turned to Stephen, a fellow bunny scout and told him I injured myself. He then helped to hold me up the rest of the number as much as he could. Following our bow I hopped off as fast as I could, got out on the wing and collapsed onto the ground where I waited for some ice. It was superbly painful! Stephen, being a superhero, picked me up like a baby and placed me in the van seat and then Danny, our kick-butt Stage Manager, took me to the E.R. and I got an x-ray and all of that. The people at the Christian Hospital out here in Hazelwood, MO were super sweet and got me out of there in an hour and a half. Once I was diagnosed with a Sprained Foot (not broken! thank goodness!), Danny and I went to Walgreen's to get me some crutches for ease in my travels. And since then, I've been back at the hotel in my bed, barely moving and taking some ibuprofen. I won't be doing the shows tomorrow. Larissa, my dandy roommate, will be taking on all of my lines. The doctor said I won't realistically be able to use it for at least a week, but in order to be excused from further shows, if the foot doesn't get better by Weds, I'll need to see another primary physician.

my ticket to the e.r.


my foot in the ace bandage


Tomorrow we leave St. Louis and head to Lebanon, MO and then Lawton, Oklahoma... hopefully the foot will get better ASAP!

Peace, love, smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment