Monday, March 1, 2010

Green Bay, WI

We woke up this morning in Marshfield, WI and then performed in Spencer, WI in a Kindergarten through 12th grade school with only 730 students! Small town much? We had a 10 am show which I think we all were far too tired to do. We had until 1 pm later today for the second show... they offered us lunch at their cafeteria, which we weren't too thrilled with doing, but we figured "hey- free lunch. can't be thaat bad" and guess what?! It was wonderful! It was so impressive that they had every part of the food pyramid and it was so clean and healthy. I had a bit of everything and it tasted good! AND, they have a salad bar. Like- what? What school has that? My schools did not... very impressive Spencer, WI :)

After we were all done with the shows and loading out we drove almost 3 1/2 hours to Green Bay, where we are now. We're staying at a hotel with a little kitchen, free(!) laundry, and... get this- in the midwest they offer you an entire little bodega shop inside the hotel where you can pretty much pay-what-you-say and drop anything into the money box and take what you need... WHAT?! We're definitely not in a land I've been to before.

Five of us went to a restaurant/brewery called Titletown (I think) on the water in Downtown Green Bay and had some good food. I got a really filling mac and cheese meal/ couldn't even eat 1/3. So rich. And, we got this wayyy bizarre, sulfur-tasting lemon poppyseed cheesecake:




We had a really fun (and cute) waiter who told us about Cow Tipping, too! It was a brilliant conversation where I learned a whole lot. I really need to do that sometime! It wouldn't work very well in the snow tonight, but perhaps on our cross-country drive at the end of tour we'll have the time! If not... when I go to Ireland this summer (which will hopefully happen ;))!

Larissa and I watched The Bachelor tonight... I was very disappointed that Jake went with Vienna... but y'know, whatever works. They suit each other, I guess. I'll deal. And I've been doing laundry and just hanging around the room for the past 2 hours or so. We have a 7:45 call tomorrow for two shows, and then we go to a hotel about an hour away in Manitowoc, WI.

Till the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment