Monday, February 15, 2010

LES Fun... Scranton, PA... Somerville, NJ

After almost a week without performing the show, we had a show in the Lower East Side at a school on Hester St. on Friday, 2/12. Tracy, our chic director, came to cheer us on. The show went well without a house, which means less of a building process :), even though we were slow about getting back in the swing of things. It was a slightly bizarre space. We had poles that blocked sides of the stage and gave an obstructed view in some scenes to part of the audience... but things happen.

Following the show, we went to the Doughnut Plant, which I have been obsessed with since Junior year at Pace. This brilliant doughnut place beat out Bobby Flay in a Throwdown on the Food Network... so I took everyone there (if those reading couldn't tell, I lovvve sweets). And we had a marvelous time:


The following day, Saturday, we drove to Scranton, PA and did a show at a Masonic Temple. It was mysterious and secretive. One woman was really rude to us... probably bitter 'cause her husband has more than one wife:


Scranton, PA was I guess what one would expect... although Pam and Jim were nowhere in site, the people I saw at Subway and Wendy's, where we went to eat lunch, were definitely look-a-like's to people in The Office. Particularly this one blonde chick at Wendy's with poofy hair.

Then, yesterday, Valentine's Day, we were in Somerville, NJ at a Community College. We did two shows there- fortunately we had help from a crew to bring in and build our set. We ate lunch at Moe's, which is like Chipotle, just sooo much better: they have tofu options! It was spectacular!!!! We got back to NYC by 6:30, but it took me an hour after that to get to where I'm staying in the UES. Ugh. So, I took a lazy evening in for the most part, which was very relaxing.

Then, I woke up this morning, superbly refreshed, ready to take on the day- which might I add is beautiful today. I went and had lunch with a superstar friend, Sami, who's recent stint as 'Diane' in The Little Dog Laughed kicked major big butts. And now, I am taking the day easy- going for a walk to H&M to buy new gloves (mine went missing the other night), meeting up with Elaine in Central Park to get my book back, getting a massage in Hell's Kitchen, things that I don't yet know I'll do, and dinner with David Piazza as a final farewell.

Tomorrow is the big day. We leave NYC at noon for two travel days to Indiana! Yikes... I won't be back in this city for quiite some time, which is a little scary seeing that I've lived here for 4 1/2 years with leaving it only for one full summer after my freshman year, and then the short vacation times I've been away. What scares me the most is the fact that when we do get back in June for another two weeks of shows in the area, I won't have a place to live again, and then I won't be looking for an apartment here, but rather preparing to move back home to California for the summer at least. I plan to spend my summer there making some money and most definitely traveling abroad. Then after that, I will hopefully be back in NYC ASAP! For now, I guess, it's something I can't really think about... I just have to enjoy the fact that I'll be traveling around the U.S. and performing... Away we go!

peace and love.
*Every day I write the list
Of reasons why I still believe they do exist,
a thousand beautiful things
And even though it's hard to see
The glass is full and not half empty,
a thousand beautiful things*

No comments:

Post a Comment