Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dayton, OH

"Why, oh why, oh why-oh, Why did I ever leave Ohio?"... I am reminded that I want to be in Wonderful Town when I'm older :)

We are in Dayton, Ohio... where SJT, aka Stephen from my show, went to college at Wright State. He took us to see Light in the Piazza there tonight for free. It was really good! I really loved the Fabrizio, Signor Naccarelli, and Franca in particular. It was nice to see the show onstage in the first place, though. I didn't get to see it on Broadway but I did see the PBS recorded version.

Before the show, Larissa, Andrew, Bethany, and I ate at the Spaghetti Warehouse, which is just like the Spaghetti Factory in California. I had the Veggie Lasagna, which was above and beyond what I needed to eat. I was soo full... but that didn't stop me from partaking in Sonic dessert after the show tonight. It was my first time at Sonic's... and it was goood. However, because of the snow, the waitress did NOT rollerskate out to our car. She did however walk out in just her uniform... how was she not freezing?! It's very cold everywhere.

Oh- this morning we did two shows in North Vernon, Indiana... withOUT a house :) fortunately. It took us probably a half hour tops to put the set together, which was really nice. We had plenty of time to just hang out in the theater. I lounged around on a chez lounge in the concession area and SJT acted as my therapist. We discussed an old reoccurring dream I used to get about a Dracula coming into my room and turning people green... SJT agreed that I was not then ready to be green, but now I am... hello, Wicked?!

So, the shows were supposed to be for schools, but since schools were closed here ('cause they don't actually plow the side streets and people can't drive there!) parents were told they could bring their kids... we thought we'd end up playing to about 5 kids or just Danny, our SM, who is pictured below. However, we had at least 40-70 people per show. And, in the second show I went bazurk and had so much fun! I can't even remember why or what happened, but I just did what I had to do and then some... I found all of these funny things to do... we'll see if it happens again... or I'm sure things will come up but not always in the same way. We also found a new thing to do backstage during a particularly long section... It's the "Treasure Song," where 3 of us have plenty of time offstage and we have a dance party to the song. Good times!

Here are a few random things from today.
We got lost finding the venue- the GPS told us it was here:



Danny figuring it all out like he usually does:



The fierce people that run the theater (check out his hat!):


We thought it was 'Tranny' but it's 'Franny.' Same difference. So I'm basically thinking a tranny version of Fanny Brice with a touch of Fran from The Nanny... I'm starring:


Field Goal Jesus!!!! A MAJOR part of today:


Andrew w/ Jesus:


Spaghetti Warehouse:


Panties on today's stage in North Vernon, Indiana:


The theater in North Vernon:


SJT in the I Love Lucy Sauna:


Self in I Love Lucy Sauna:


Max and Ruby/Jesus on the billboard of the theater:


SONIC!!

No comments:

Post a Comment