Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Equity




It's official. I am EQUITY. I paid the minimum today and got my temporary card. I get the real one in the mail in a few weeks.

Rehearsals have been going wonderfully. We finished and blocked the show a few days ago and have been fixing things the past few days. We're now at the point where we are beyond comfortable with it. We have a day off tomorrow and then we're doing a costume stumble-through and a run-through for the producers on Thursday.

I got a schedule of the upcoming 4 weeks. We're going to be in the NYC area until Feb 15th. I'm staying in my apartment till the end of the month, then a week with Elaine, and then a week in a place yet to be determined.

We already sold out Paper Mill Playhouse in NJ which is one of our first shows next week! And, we have one at Town Hall right in Time Square! We will also be performing in the Lower East Side of Manhattan at a school one day- very close to a divine little bakery called Babycakes- which I can't wait to get some baked goods from.

Anyways, it's been a great few days in rehearsal, and more to come in the future I'm soon. I'm excited that now while I am in NYC till mid- February that I can audition for Equity shows. I'm going to a South Pacific audition and the Fiddler on the Roof tour audition in two or so weeks... will keep writing.

This song, "One Tin Soldier," has been in my head constantly lately. And then... I found a youtube video of it with Cher and a cartoon. Enjoy:

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the card, lady. Very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kate! I just found out how to see the comments... so I'm a little late, but thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete